My travel Essentials
Okay. This is no tip or trick but for some reason it felt like it needed its little space in this post. There are some items I always need to take with me when I travel:
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- A hair tie
- Sleeping mask
My tips and tricks
- Water may not be allowed, but an empty bottle is. I always take an empty bottle in my hand luggage, and when I'm inside, I fill it in the bathroom.
- Hotel products become great containers. Some hotels give you some shower gel and shampoo. However, I'm one of those picky persons who like to use their own products. So I always take these products back home with me and refill them with my favorite products for next time.
- Contact lenses cases are also great containers for products such as creams and tic tac boxes are perfect for carrying bobby pins.
- Always roll your clothes to save a lot of space. When I have a bigger suitcase, I like to fold them and place them vertically instead of horizontally. But if I'm taking something backpack-like, rolling your clothes is the best option.
- One outfit for all weathers. Every time I'm going on a trip I stress over which clothes to take with me because I never know which weather to expect. And I always find myself using the same formula: jeans + short sleeve tshirt + jacket. This outfit is really comfortable and you can take off or put on your jacket depending on the temperature. You can also combine tshirts and jackets differently in order to create new outfits.
- Always take your student card with you. Sometimes it's very tempting to take all the cards you won't be using in your destination out of your wallet. And I have in some occasions, taken out my student card with them. A decision I later regretted when I couldn't take advantage of a lot of student promotions!
- Share. If you're travelling with someone else, share as many things as you can: one bottle of shampoo for both of you, share your accessories (like jewellery or scarfs), even your make up products!
- Speaking of which, only take your basic make-up products! You don't need your every-day foundation AND your party one. One is enough. You don't need a whole palette of eye-shadows. Go for a small pot of creme eyeshadow instead! You'll also save the space of the brush! For me, my basics are: BB cream (doubles as moisturiser and sunscreen protection), mascara and some creme blush. You can read more about my travel makeup essentials here.
- Make the most of every moment and enjoy your trip!
Question of the Day
Which are your tips and tricks?
Did you like this post? Why don't we keep in touch?